Happy Tuesday Friends.
Today is a recipe day and I can’t wait to share this one.
It is delicious. I found it a couple of months ago on IG by Carlsbad Cravings! Oh boy, it is good!
I made 3 modifications to this recipe. 1) I used Liquid Aminos instead of soy sauce 2) I didn’t use the Sriracha and 3) I used baking soda to make the beef fall apart tender.
Here are a couple of things I did differently.
I used a cast-iron skillet. I let my beef sit out most of the afternoon adding the baking soda about an hour before I cooked it! I also cooked the broccoli ahead of time in the microwave!
- 1 lb. flank steak cut across the grain into 1/8" thin slices.
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced then cut in half.
- 2 green onions chopped
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tbsp. ginger freshly grated or from the tube
- 1/2 cup soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 Cup asian sweet chili sauce
- 2 Tbsp. mirin/sweet Japanese rice wine
- 1 Tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup pepper
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1-2 tsp. sriracha
- green onions chopped
You can control the heat by not adding the sriracha and half the chili sauce.
This recipe makes a lot of sauce. We didn’t need all of the sauce but it tastes great with the fried rice I made with it!
I hope you try this recipe out and don’t forget to stop by Carlsbad Cravings to see the original recipe!
Here are a few recipes you may like: